Advanced Component Processor
East Earl, PA 17519
- The person in this position is responsible for custom fronts, special design, ripping, chopping, tenning, mortise, sand, shaping, gluing all special size rails, stiles, and upright rails. Capable of maintaining all set up and fit relationships.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition following prescribed safety requirements at all times.
- Identifies and communicates safety violations and/or injuries to team leader or manager.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the appropriate team leader.
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimal supervision.
- Must be familiar with basic machine functions in order to perform the specified tasks.
- Assure that all products maintain the highest standard of quality by understanding and utilizing the following: Product specification sheets; operational storyboards; material specification sheets; machining specification sheets; successive inspection of parts to ensure accuracy and cell work instruction documents.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity, quality, safety, delivery, and yield regularly meeting all metric expectations.
- Performs complex machinery/equipment setups.
- Maintain updated training on all work instructions, SOP and policies that relate to all areas of responsibility.
- Train occasionally employees on specific work processes and procedures.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- May use computer system to track and locate production orders.
- Must have attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage their time.
- Must have the ability to regularly meet deadline requirements.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, use simple math, use measuring instruments (including but not limited to a tape measure, digital/dial caliper, etc.) and follow written job instructions.
- Must be able to use a variety of hand and bench power tools and possess advanced skills in order to operate production machinery with various controls and adjustments.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible work schedule occasionally across shifts.
- Must be able to effectively troubleshoot and resolve routine manufacturing issues and have the ability to follow through on those issues.
- Must have the ability to see color, or perceive color differences under varying lighting conditions as well as have the ability to recognize various woods by smell and touch as well as by color and grain.
- High school education or equivalent
- Two to five years of specialized experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of MS Office software
- Must be organized and possess the ability to carry out a variety of functions within a specific time frame
- Must have the ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills; exhibiting a customer service mindset
- Responsible for upholding the company’s values, vision and mission by integrating into their work: integrity, respect, accountability, resourcefulness and innovation.
- Must be willing to transfer to other departments and positions based on manufacturing needs when directed by supervisor
Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 60 pound objects and 30 pound objects over head
- Ability to stand for 6-8 hours of an 8 hour workday
- Ability to walk and sit for approximately 2-4 hours throughout an 8 hour workday as well as climb steps and bend at torso frequently.
- Ability to work in an environment where there is exposure to dirt, dust, noise, fumes and odor and is frequently exposed to heat, cold and dryness. Occasionally exposed to hazardous materials.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment which would include but not be limited to safety glasses and hearing protection.
- Full Time/Temp-Hire
- 3rd Shift (Sunday-Thursday)