Chief Building Official
Excellent direct hire opportunity!
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Review building plans and building permit applications. Issue permits for building construction or alterations for compliance.
- Conduct inspections to ensure code compliance.
- Issue Certificates of Occupancy.
- Investigate unsafe building conditions and provide resolutions in accordance with Building Code.
- Develop and manage the Building/Trades Division budget.
- Provide technical information and informed opinions to design professionals, contractors, lawyers, developers, real estate agents, and building owners on building code issues and other related regulatory requirements.
- Must possess current Commonwealth of PA, Department of Labor and Industry or International Code Council Certifications as a Building Code Official, Commercial Building Inspector, Building Plans Examiner, and Commercial Accessibility Inspector as required by PA Act 45 of 1999 as amended, known as the PA Uniform Construction Code.
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- At least 10 years experience in the building construction trade, with at least 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Plan review background required
Please forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org