Chop Saw Operator
East Earl, PA 17519
Full Time - 1st or 3rd - $13.52 to $15.02 - East Earl Area
Responsible for chopping the proper spec and thickness or material as well as the proper length. Chops materials into crosscuts to be used in the straight-line process. Maintains yield, checks sizes at least once an hour. Scans tickets for the AS400 System. Changes over species while keeping down time to a minimum.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain the work are and equipment in a clean and orderly condition following prescribed safety requirements and OSHA regulations at all times. Identifies and communicates safety violations and/or injuries to team leader or manager.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to appropriate Team Leader.
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimal supervision.
- Must be familiar with basic machine functions in order to perform the specified tasks.
- Assure that all products maintain the highest standard of quality by understanding and utilizing the following: Product specification sheets; operational storyboards; material specification sheets; machining specification sheets; successive inspection of parts to ensure accuracy and cell work instruction documents.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity, quality, safety, and yield regularly meeting all metric expectations.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- May use computer system to track and locate production orders.
- Must have attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage their time.
- Must have the ability to regularly meet deadline requirements.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, use simple math, use measuring instruments (including but not limited to a tape measure, digital/dial caliper, etc.) and follow written job instructions.
- Must be able to use a variety of hand and bench power tools and posses advanced skills in order to operate production machinery with various controls and adjustments.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible work schedule and occasionally across shifts.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Two to five years of specialized experience in manufacturing environment
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of MS Office Software
- Must be organized and posses the ability to carry out a variety of functions within a specific timeframe
- Must have the ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills; exhibiting a customer service mindset
- Responsible for upholding the company's values, vision and mission by integrating into their work: integrity, respect, accountability, resourcefulness and innovation.
- Must be willing to transfer to other departments and positions based on manufacturing needs when directed by supervisor