Denver, PA 17517
The Material Handler is responsible for the flow of material through the production process including feeding material to the cut/coil area, transferring material between work centers, and moving finished material to the dock for shipping. The material handler is also a key part of the quality process, checking job paperwork for completion and ensuring teams have signed off on their work. Material handler will be proficient on all basic inventory transactions in the scan guns and able to accurately enter movements and quickly look up items. Successful candidates must have strong teamwork skills, a positive attitude, with a strong work ethic. Good communication skills and the ability to follow company policies, procedures, and work instructions in order to meet quality and productivity expectations are required. The position requires the individual to be safety conscious at all times and comply with all environmental, health and safety (E.H.S.) procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate and stage materials (reels, pallets and other essential supplies) in queue for production areas.
· Coordinate flow of in-process work between work stations, deliver finished product to dock for final processing with all related transactions entered in the inventory system.
· Load/unload trucks and place supplies in warehouse and on pallet racks.
· Verify material counts and quality inspections are complete and accurate for finished material before removing from assembly tables.
· Ensure assembly team has signed off on job paperwork.
· Perform inspections and maintain records for forklifts and other material handling equipment.
· Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work area
· Responsible for communication and assisting managers and co-workers.
Job REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION and skills requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret routine instructions
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Organized and ability to problem solve in an industrial environment
- Ability to operate material movement and packaging equipment
- Ability to work independently.
Must be cross trained in two other functions
- Full Time