New Holland, PA 17557
This position operates high reach standup forklift, pallet jack and electric hand truck equipment to collect or deliver materials, parts or products in or between departments, buildings and trucks. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure material movement in the facility is as efficient and safe as possible.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Picks product and records appropriate information on pick ticket in a dry goods or refrigerated warehouse. Places finished goods into proper rack locations or blast cells;
- Completes orders and identifies properly. Records product by label, lot code and slotting location on product transfer sheets;
- Stages completed orders, stacks product onto pallets using proper pallet patterns;
- Loads orders on trailers, rotates stock and keeps accurate inventory;
- Unloads all finished goods transferring into warehouse from trailers;
- Picks and transfers product to and from racking for project room;
- Inventories and consolidates product as needed;
- Performs housekeeping to maintain clean work area;
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment;
- Participates in Continuous Improvement Process;
- Follows all Quality policies & procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s);
- Follows all Safety policies & procedures and participates in monthly observations;
- Serves as a member of various employee committees, as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an environment with the following conditions;
- Exposure to hot or cold Climate continuously
- Exposure to chemical occasionally
- Exposure to noise and vibration continuously
- Exposure to wet and humid conditions occasionally
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand - continuously
- Stoop/Bend – continuously
- Squat – frequently Crawl – occasionally
- Climb Stairs or ladders, occasionally
- Reach – chest level, above or below - continuously
- Push - 70 lbs frequently
- Pull - 70 lbs frequently
- Lift/carry- 70 lbs frequently
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours vary depending on the shift and department. Overtime and weekend work is required at times. Vacation coverage as needed.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Clean driving record
- 1 year of relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment or refrigerated warehouse
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- HS diploma/GED or commensurate experience
- Full Time
- Weekend Shift Available (Friday-Monday) 6am-4:30pm
- 2nd Shift Available (Monday-Friday) 2pm-10:30pm