Denver, PA 17517
The Re-Reeler & Packager is responsible for re-reeling bulk cable and wire onto smaller plywood reels. The position requires the individual to be safety conscious at all times and comply with all environmental, health and safety (E.H.S) procedures. Successful candidates must be able to follow company policies and procedures, be able to communicate and cross train fellow employees and also maintain a clean and organized work area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Re-reel bulk cable and wire onto smaller reels of varying size and quantities. This includes loading/unloading rolls on dual take-up machine, operating payoff and other re-reeling equipment
· Package and label finished products for further processing, storage or shipping. This includes operating labeling, printing and inventory control equipment.
· Load reels of wire and cable on pallets according to size and quantity of reels. Place finished product in pallet racking, stage for shipping/receiving for in-house operator or outbound freight carrier.
· Check calibration of footage counters on regularly scheduled intervals.
· Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work area
· Responsible for communication and assisting in cross-training
· Input production data into specified data collection program.
· Create plywood reels if needed to continue production.
· Assist in material handling and loading labor when other coworkers need help.
Job REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION and skills requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret routine instructions
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Organized and ability to problem solve in an industrial environment
- Ability to operate material movement and packaging equipment
Ability to communicate/work with coworkers to achieve common production goals.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Ability to use hands and fingers. Reaching with hands/arms throughout shift.
- Ability to see, hear and talk. Ability to distinguish colors. Eye protection is required provided by the company.
- Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels where hearing protection is required.
- May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to airborne particles and vibration.
- Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity for repetitive tasks.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs. Push/pull items up to 250 lbs. with assistance.
- Walk up to 400 yards to work and break areas.
- May climb steps to and from work and break areas.
- Repetitive reaching overhead, under and across throughout shift.
- Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift.
- May crawl under equipment to reach work area.
- Stand eight hours per shift. Steel toe shoes required.
- Ability to work in variable temperatures and weather conditions.
- Perform general housekeeping, including sweeping, mopping, etc.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Full Time