YOUR FUTURE CAREER AWAITS... DIRECT-HIRE AND ENTRY-LEVEL OPPORTUNITIES!
Reading, PA 19605
Maintenance and Reliability Manager Position Summary
This position is a key member of the plant leadership team. As this is a startup facility, this position will be responsible for creating a proactive maintenance program to ensure machinery and facility uptime. This includes: hiring all maintenance staff, engaging in plant startup, creation of a preventative maintenance and reliability program, management of spare parts inventory and all other aspects related to a robust maintenance system. This facility will utilize the latest process technology on large scale machinery and is continuous flow. Maintenance reliability is critical to success.
Maintenance and Reliability Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Development, alignment & implementation of reliability excellence practices/programs,
- Establish protocols and guidelines to supervise preventive maintenance and reliability activities of the plant.
- Leads review and analysis of maintenance metrics and performance, performs gap analysis and develops improvement action plan.
- Creation of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program
- Makes proposals for upgrading, replacement and modifications of defective equipment
- Participates in plant’s capital project planning, cost estimation, payback justification.
- Responsible for or the people management and development in the Maintenance Department including recruiting, training, assigning, retention and engagement of capable personnel.
- Works with process engineering, training, and operations to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations.
- Develops technical training plans for Operator Based Maintenance including skills matrix and competency assessments.
- Provides technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel.
- Develops and controls maintenance budget to achieve agreed upon capacity and asset reliability.
- Installing, moving, repairing, and removing equipment and utilities within the building
- Contracting outside contractors and coordinating their activities while in the facilities
Maintenance and Reliability Manager Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Associates degree with technical training in plant engineering, or factory/plant maintenance, Bachelors preferred
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of progressive experience and responsibility in a maintenance field, five of which were holding a supervisory position directing a multi-functional maintenance staff
- CMRP certification desired
- Strong mechanical aptitudes, and a working knowledge of electrical, and mechanical systems
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills
- Familiarity with local building codes and health and safety regulations
- Requires strong supervisory skills, coupled with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Equipment reliability programs such as lubrication's, ultrasonic and vibration.
- Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with people at all levels both in and out of the plant
- Proficiency using a PC and Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to work as a team leader/member with a diverse group of people at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to drive results and perform in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment. Ideal candidate will be detailed oriented, process driven, have effective planning, plastic manufacturing background and implementation skill sets.
- Proven experience in getting critical projects completed in a timely fashion within the budget; very resourceful and organized; hands-on leader who can create effective work flows and processes; strong manager of people and projects.
Maintenance Manager Work Relationships:
Internal: This position communicates to all levels of the organization
External: This position may interact with manufacturers, vendors, customers, auditors, suppliers and regulatory agencies.
Reports to: Plant Manager
Supervises: Maintenance Supervisor, Planner, Stockroom, Electrical & Maintenance techs
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- Maintenance Management: 7 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 7 years (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- 25% (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts