New Holland, PA 17557
This position insures the flow of product through the plant, assuring that equipment is functioning properly. Performs preventive and predictive maintenance on production, packaging, material handling and mechanical equipment, also trouble shoot and repairs all Electrical & Pneumatic controls. Fabricate older machines to updated versions. Work well in a TEAM environment. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs to equipment during production;
Maintain and repair production, packaging and material handling equipment;
Support machine setups and changeovers; Respond to production trouble calls. Repair equipment quickly, safely, test, and return to production service.
Troubleshoot recurring breakdowns for prevention and recommend changes;
Utilize testing equipment or diagnostic skills to determine root cause of problems;
Instruct production operators as needed to prevent machine or system damage;
Monitor refrigeration system controls;
Be aware of critical spare parts needs and make relevant recommendations;
Monitor & repair air handling and air compressing machinery;
Program and set up variable frequency drives and servo motors;
Perform Preventive Maintenance;
Install or move machines or equipment;
Troubleshoot, wire and plumb new and existing equipment;
Repair floors, walls and doors;
Clean and organize maintenance shop area and re-stock parts;
Enter, collect data & use inventory & maintenance systems;
Participates in Continuous Improvement Process;
Follows all Quality policies & procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s);
Follows all Safety policies & procedures and participates in monthly observations.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
3. Requires the ability to use basic shop mathematics; handbook formulas; to interpret simple blueprints or drawings, use a wide variety of tools or precision measuring instruments; may setup, re-tool, operate complex machine
4. Electrical and pneumatic trouble shoots and repairs
5. Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems
6. Inventory control
7. Preventative and predictive Maintenance
8. Basic office computer operation
9. Lock out-tag out and industrial safety Preferred
Education and Experience
1. 5 years of experience in an industrial maintenance environment or dairy industry
2. Associates (or other) Degree in relevant field
3. OSHA 10 hour certificate
Other Job Details
- Direct Hire
- Full Time
- 2nd & 3rd Shift