Lancaster, PA 17601
- Prior Insurance Authorizations 1. Review specific aspects of patient care, history, etc. with patient, documenting same.
- Contact insurance companies to obtain treatment authorizations
- Document P/A details in EMR to ensure claims will be paid
- Initiate contact with denying parties re any Auth. denials or delays
- Complete appeals re Auth denials & claim denials asap.
- Create all necessary chart documentation to support activities, chain of communication, decisions, etc. Use as necessary “New/Changed Chemo Auth” category.
- Use initiative to inform all relevant staff of any delays, progress or problems with P/A activities.
Administrative / Computer Updating
1. Enter patient data into computer, including preferred pharmacy (LCC), vital signs, medications, diagnosis & staging if applicable, Review of Systems per dr. on all patients, and all new patient data.
2. Prepare for physician arrival in room
3. Scan records into EMR per current protocol
Direct Patient Care & Flow
1. Take initiative to review schedule & ensure patients having appts. are all accounted for.
2. Initiate communication with all providers, nurses and others to expedite care and optimize efficiency.
3. Schedule tests, appts., & related treatments as required (non-routine), and precertify these as needed.
4. Housekeeping 1. Clean exam rooms and treatment areas
5. Exercise initiative to keep rooms at adequate levels of stock.
- Must be able to read, write and articulate at acceptable skill levels.
- Must be able to walk, bend and lift on a regular basis.
- Must exercise initiative in effectively communicating with staff about appointments, patient flow, etc.
- Must regularly exercise decision-making & problem solving cooperatively with staff.
- Graduate of Medical Assistant program or have equivalent / directly relatedexperience
- Must have keyboarding skills & become functional with our EMR and other related technology
- Possess emotional intelligence and represent LCC effectively with external entities
Part Time - could lead to Full Time