Ephrata, PA 17522
We are hiring a 1st shift Trailer Service Technician for the Denver, PA area. Class A CDL required for this position.
Send in your resume today: email@example.com
or call us at 717-336-5959 with any questions.
Repairs and performs state inspections of trailers, hitch and wiring for tow vehicles by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands and follows company Vision, Mission Statement and Goals.
- Follows necessary procedures and work instructions.
- Examines trailer and discusses with Parts and Service Coordinator nature and extent of damage or malfunction. Plans work procedure.
- Performs state inspection and advises Parts and Service coordinator of required repairs.
- Installs accessories on tow vehicles and trailers; which includes, but is not limited to: hitches, brake controllers, spare tires, lights, accessories, etc.
- Repairs trailers as directed by customer and/or Parts and Service Coordinator.
- Refurbish trailers as directed.
- Completes service work in a timely, correct, clean and customer oriented manner.
- Follows all safety guidelines and uses all required personal protective equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance and housecleaning in service area.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma; and 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Pennsylvania State Trailer Inspection License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.