Akron, PA 17501
- Shipping Clerk
- 1st Shift
- Starting at $12.50-13 per hour DOE
- Akron, PA
- Load and Unload Trucks
- Operate Pallet Jacks and Tow Motors
- Experience Not Required!
Shipping/Receiving Clerk works with a team in all functions involved with parts handling necessary for warehousing, shipping and receiving parts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Functions of the Job: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Receive and unload goods both manually and with forklift or pallet jack.
- Check for damaged goods of receipts.
- Verify accuracy, quantity and quality of receipts and verifies against Purchase Orders.
- Verify labeling of raw materials and labels materials prior to stocking if necessary.
- Organize and stock shelves and rotate inventory per FIFO.
- Process and package finished goods for shipping.
- Process necessary documents for shipping finished goods and miscellaneous supplies, including machinery and sensitive and fragile measurement equipment.
- Determine most cost-effective shipping methods in conjunction with the most appropriate service.
- File appropriate Shipping documents to comply with US government, Freight Forwarders, and/or Customer requirements.
- Perform physical inventory counts, maintains inventory records via ProAlpha ERP system.
- May be periodically responsible for coordinating the daily activities of Warehouse Team, determining priorities to accomplish all tasks completed in an efficient manner.
- Constant, clear, concise, and complete communication with any and all departments within the company, with particular emphasis on Upper Management, Production, Purchasing, and Quality.
- Ability to train and oversee others if necessary.
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of related experience
- Forklift certification or willingness and ability to obtain certification
- Lean Six Sigma experience a plus
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Basic computer skills
- Experience and understanding of both domestic and international shipping procedures, terminology, and governmental requirements
- Understanding of Metric system.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Team oriented with the ability to talk to people within all levels of the organization
- Computer literacy a must with proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with ERP systems preferred.
- Good communications, mathematical, and financial skills.