Ephrata, PA 17522
Responsible for the efficient and timely receiving, shipping, storing transferring and inventory control of all goods and products in the Plant and Warehouse.
Responsible for following food safety, legality and quality policies and procedures within the scope of the job responsibilities such as: GMP’S, food safety, product quality, food security, etc.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Physical ability to perform varied physical labor. Must be able to read with basic math skills. Ability to pay attention to detail. Pallet and forklift training necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate forklift transferring loaded pallets to, from and within storage area/slot areas, production lines and trucks in a safe manner.
- Check merchandise/products prior to shipping or receiving to ensure accuracy of items, quantity, and condition.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of trucks and ensures that same is conducted in a manner that prevents the damage of goods.
- Ensure that goods received in a damaged form are reported to Quality Assurance Manager and Logistics Manager.
- Check and maintain daily pre and post trip of all vehicles and equipment operated.
- Rotate stock to ensure ingredient usage prior to expiration date on a first in/first out basis.
- Station material required for next days production as directed by the Logistics Manager.
- Assist in maintaining inventory control and reports substandard levels of products to the Warehouse Leadperson.
- Ensure accurate figures provided for monthly inventory and year-end audit.
- Represent the company in a positive manner when interacting with external
- Position requires the physical ability to perform heavy lifting.
- Report any mechanical or safety problems to Logistics Manager.
- Keep work area clean in accordance with good housekeeping practices.
- Adhere to common safety practices or rules including the wearing of protective equipment as required.
- Adhere to our plant hygiene regulations to ensure high product integrity.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Logistics Manager.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Place a check mark prior to the applicable description.
Constantly – occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hours/day)
Frequently – occupation requires this activity from 33% to 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hours/day)
Occasionally – occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5 hrs/day)
Not Applicable – activity is not applicable to this occupation.
- Full Time
- 1st Shift (6am-done) Available
- 2nd Shift (4pm-done) Available
- Monday-Friday, some Saturday's
- $11 (1st shift)
- $12.50 (2nd shift)
- Ephrata, PA
- COLD Environment (35 degrees)