Denver, PA 17517
The Production Associate I is responsible for basic production work in one of the following work areas: Assembly, Coil/Print or Finishing. The position requires the individual to be safety conscious at all times and comply with all environmental, health and safety (E.H.S) procedures. Successful candidates must be able to follow company policies, procedures, and work instructions in order to meet quality and productivity expectations; communicate with manager and co-workers; and maintain a clean and organized work area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Basic production process which can include re-reel, print and cut cable and cords of varying size and quantities; assembly of components, boxing, shrink-wrapping and labeling of finished goods. This position may include loading/unloading reels and operating re-reeling equipment.
· Basic tow motor operation.
· Basic scan gun processing to label products for further processing, storage or shipping.
· Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work area
· Responsible for communication with manager and co-workers.
Job REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION and skills requirements:
· High school diploma or GED
· Ability to read and interpret routine instructions
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
· Organized and ability to problem solve in an industrial environment
· Ability to operate material movement and packaging equipment
· Demonstrated satisfactory performance for a period of 180 days is required before advancement to the next level
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
· Ability to use hands and fingers. Reaching with hands/arms throughout shift.
· Ability to see, hear and talk. Ability to distinguish colors. Eye protection is required provided by the company.
· Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels where hearing protection is required.
· May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to airborne particles and vibration.
· Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity for repetitive tasks.
· Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs. Push/pull items up to 250 lbs. with assistance.
· Walk up to 400 yards to work and break areas.
· May climb steps to and from work and break areas.
· Repetitive reaching overhead, under and across throughout shift.
· Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift.
· Stand eight hours per shift.
· Ability to work in variable temperatures and weather conditions.
· Perform general housekeeping, including sweeping, mopping, etc.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Full Time
- 1st Shift (6:30am-3pm)