New Holland, PA 17557
This position drives a tractor-trailer to move all materials required to and from production plant and warehouses. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure driver are operating as efficient and safe as possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keeps empty trailers at production docks available for loading product off the lines;
Moves trailers from production docks to warehouse docks;
Jockeys trailers throughout plant, warehouses and yards;
Makes local customer deliveries and acts as occasional fleet driver back up;
Pick up at local area vendors as required;
Checks and maintains fuel and oil levels in all trailer reefers and reports any malfunctions or maintenance required to supervisor;
Assists in loading, unloading, pallet sorting or any other jobs as instructed by supervisor;
Requires flexible maneuverability to operate trucks, tractors, lift trucks and pallet jacks;
Communicates with Supervisors, Material Handlers, and Fork lift Operators to assure proper movement of trailers throughout the plant;
Complies with all procedures following an accident;
Completes all required paperwork as assigned;
Required to pick up Fleet drivers on the road.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED
2. Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
3. CDL class A license and forklift license
4. 3-6 months tractor trailer driving experience
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Experience working in a food manufacturing environment
1. Effective written and verbal communication skills
2. Basic mechanical aptitude
3. 1-3 years tractor trailer driving experience
4. 3-6 months forklift experience
Other Job Details
- Direct Hire
- Full Time
- Monday-Friday, Some Weekends